ScanGauge I Compared to
ScanGauge II Features
1) Size - The ScanGauge II is 1/4 the volume of the original ScanGauge.
It is 4.8"W x 1.5"H x 1"D. It is similar in size to a stick of
butter and can be carried in a shirt pocket along with a cell phone and have
room left over.
2) Display Size - Even though the ScanGauge II is smaller, the Display
is 50% larger than the display in the original ScanGauge.
3) Backlight Color - The ScanGauge II used multicolor LEDs to allow
you to select from 7 standard backlight colors. White, Blue, Green, Aqua,
Reddish-Orange, Violet, and Amber. If these are not enough, you can blend the
colors to make your own color, choosing from 63 possible colors
4) Styling - The case was designed by an industrial artist and
graphics by a commercial artist. It is simple and modern in appearance.
5) Cable routing - The ScanGauge II has a detachable cable. It can be
routed through smaller openings and even left in a vehicle so the ScanGauge II
can be moved between vehicles easily. There are two sockets on the ScanGauge II,
one on the back and one on the side. You can connect it to either one.
6) Data Logging, Field updates and Computer Interface - A ScanGauge to
USB adapter will be available later. This, and the fact
that the programming space in the ScanGauge II is less than 1/2 full will allow
for increased capabilities in the future. <Waiting list. >
7) Warranty - The ScanGauge II now carries a full 1 year warranty,
parts and labor.
Page posted by Sterling
D. Allan Aug. 24, 2006
Last updated October 05, 2014